Thursday, May 6, 2010

Philanthropy Pod

Within the last few years I've made a point to spend a good chunk of my time volunteering, donating, and using my design skills to help non-profits. I do so much of it that I've decided to start posting more of my work simply because I've been able to participate in some really cool, fun projects that are worth sharing. My last donation went toward a United Way silent auction which took place at my workplace. To be honest, I really didn't give much because I'm a little afraid of commitment. You see, I donated a promise. A promise to create a personalized Odd Pod for the highest bidder.
Now, I've already made a couple Odds Pods already, but this was different. I made them for friends, whereas now I'd have to make one for a complete stranger. Weird? Not really. But the fun part of making an Odd Pod is customizing it for that specific person. This was a little different seeing as thought I wont know this person. Luckily, my friend, Gretchen, was the highest bidder. Yay! So she trusted in me to come up with an Odd Pod that would please her palette. I couldn't resist, it had to be a vampire. Why? Because Gretchen is a big fan of Twilight, like myself. That's right, I'm not ashamed to admit it. I'm one of those adult women swooning over RPatz and a much-to-young-for-my-britches Taylor Lautner. Sorry but there's something sexy about vampires and warewolves that I just can't explain. Anyways, this is how I came up with Vampy (a.k.a. Edward). Vampy is sporting an impressive widows peak hairdo and pink (like our green underpants-wearing Miguel) tighty whities. Careful, he bites and is prone to stalking. On the plus side, he sparkles in the sunlight.
And for all you Twilight fans, if you're looking for a few hours to kill (pun intended), click here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG! I love this! So cute! Love the underwear ear bud holder. Hilarious!